3. Prepare the cake according to the directions on the package.
4. Combine the ricotta, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
5. Mix until smooth.
6. Drop by spoonfuls on top of the uncooked cake.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Sprinkle the cooled cake with powdered sugar.
9. Keep refrigerated.
This is a moist and delicious cake and it pairs well with berries. It’s a very light and amazing cake so the lightness of the berries make it divine.
If you want to make it even more decadent, then sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top of the cake after you sprinkle on the powdered sugar, that and the berries make this the perfect dessert on a hot summer night.
1 Package Yellow Cake Mix, (18.25 ounce)
2 Pounds Ricotta Cheese
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Powdered Sugar, for garnish
Flour, for dusting