Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 Ingredients:
- 250 ml water
- 100 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g flour
- 4 eggs Grated zest of
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup syrupy sour cherries
- In a pot, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes away from the sides of the pot.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add the grated lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, form dough rings, lightly pressing them onto the parchment paper.
- Bake the zeppole in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes, until they are puffy and golden.
- While the zeppole are cooking, whip the fresh cream with powdered sugar.
- Once ready, remove the zeppole from the oven and let them cool.
- Cut the zeppole in half and fill them with whipped cream and syrupy sour cherries.
Serve the baked zeppole di San Giuseppe. Nutritional values: Calories: 238 | Total fat: 16g | Saturated fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 86mg | Total carbohydrates: 19g | Dietary fiber: 1g | Sugars: 7g | Protein: 5g.