Preparation Time: 40 minutes Cook Time: 120 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 veal cutlets, about 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of canned tuna, drained and mashed
- 2 tablespoons of capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Season the veal cutlets with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the veal cutlets to the skillet and cook them until they are browned on both sides and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the veal cutlets from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Whisk in the mashed tuna and capers and cook the sauce for 2-3 minutes until it is heated through.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the veal cutlets to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Simmer the veal cutlets in the sauce for 1-2 minutes until they are heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 329 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 418mg | Total Carbohydrates: 3g | Dietary Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 35g