Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients: For the filling:
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
For the dumplings:
- 1 package of round dumpling wrappers (about 40 pieces)
- Water, for steaming
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chopped green onions, minced ginger, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Lay a dumpling wrapper on a clean work surface and place a tablespoon of the pork filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in water and moisten the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half and press the edges together to seal the dumpling.
- Repeat the process until all of the filling is used.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and place a steamer basket on top.
- Arrange the dumplings in the steamer basket, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Cover the steamer basket with a lid and steam the dumplings for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
- Remove the steamer basket from the pot and let the dumplings cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the dumplings hot with soy sauce for dipping and chopped green onions for garnish.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 280 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 900mg | Total Carbohydrates: 34g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 13g