Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 package of spring roll wrappers (about 20-24 pieces)
- 1/2 pound of ground pork or chicken
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork or chicken, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, chopped green onions, minced garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface with one corner pointing towards you.
- Spoon about two tablespoons of the filling onto the wrapper, spreading it out in a horizontal line across the wrapper, leaving about an inch of space on either side.
- Fold the corner closest to you over the filling and tuck it under.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper towards the center.
- Roll the wrapper tightly away from you until you reach the end.
- Moisten the remaining corner of the wrapper with a little bit of water and press it down to seal the spring roll.
- Repeat the process until all of the filling is used.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a deep pot to 350°F.
- Fry the spring rolls in batches for about 3-4 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the spring rolls from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the spring rolls hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 530mg | Total Carbohydrates: 20g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 8g