Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 2 cups of cooked short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using your hands, mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Roll each ball in the breadcrumbs until it is fully coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the rice balls in the hot oil until they are golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the rice balls from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 258 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 423mg | Total Carbohydrates: 32g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 10g