Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, beaten egg, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until they are browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux.
- Cook the roux for 1-2 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in the beef broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the heavy cream and stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Simmer the meatballs in the sauce for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes or your favorite side dish.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 453 | Total Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 849mg | Total Carbohydrates: 9g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 29g