Preparation Time: 15 minutes Rising Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes Serves: 8-10
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt
- Fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add the yeast mixture and 1/4 cup of olive oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir the mixture until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and transfer it to the greased baking sheet.
- Use your fingers to press the dough into an even layer, making sure it covers the entire sheet.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the dough and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and chopped rosemary (if using).
- Let the dough rest for another 30 minutes.
- Bake the focaccia in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
- Remove the focaccia from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1170mg | Total Carbohydrates: 47g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 8g