Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped pepperoni
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the olive oil and lukewarm water to the bowl and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a circle, about 6 inches in diameter.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of marinara sauce onto one half of each circle.
- Top the sauce with shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped pepperoni.
- Fold the other half of the circle over the filling and pinch the edges together to seal the panzerotti.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the panzerotti in the hot oil until they are golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the panzerotti from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with additional marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 442 | Total Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1086mg | Total Carbohydrates: 42g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 15g