Andalucian Aspic recipe (Paella Valenciana) | recipesfinder.com
1. Cut the squid into 1 cm (1/2-inch) rings; leave the baby octopuses whole. Pour over the wine, add the salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley stalks and garlic and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
2. Add the mussels and prawns and turn off the heat immediately.
Allow to cool. strain and reserve the liquid.
3. Cut the pepper into thin, even strips and blanch these for 1 minute in boiling water; drain and refresh them under cold running water, and pat dry.
4. Cook the rice in boiling, salted water until tender but not soggy; drain it and spread it out on a plate to steam dry.
5. Stir the parsley into the cooked rice, with the pepper strips.
Make up the reserved cooking Liquid to 750 ml (11/4 pints) with water, add the saffron powder, sprinkle over the aspic powder and heat gently, stirring until dissolved. Stir the seafood into the rice mixture, discarding the bay leaf and other seasonings.
6. Rinse a 1kg (2lb) loaf tin with cold water and pour in enough aspic liquid to cover the bottom. Chill until set.
7. Spoon in half the rice mixture and pour over half the liquid. Chill until just beginning to set but not yet firm. Carefully spoon in the remaining mixture, giving the tin a shake and several taps to ensure that the liquid penetrates thoroughly.
8. Chill until set. Unmould and serve in slices, perhaps with a garlic mayonnaise spiked with a dash of hot paprika.
175 gm Canned cooked squid or baby octopus, (6oz)
200 ml Sweet white wine, (7 fl oz)
1/2 tsp Salt
6 x Black peppercorns
1 x Bay leaf
2 x Parsley stalks, (2 to 3)
1 x Garlic clove, chopped
125 gm Cooked shelled mussels, (4oz)
125 gm Cooked shelled prawns, (4oz)
1/2 sm Red pepper
1 x 25 grams lon grain rice, (1
Wonder® Bread Mushroom Appetizer Croustades - recipes
Healthy Chicken Tenders Recipe
Vegetarian Penne recipes
Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls recipes
Healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Easy Kielbasa Skillet Dinner
Basil Turkey Burgers
Mushroom Parmesan recipe
Mushroom Salad recipe
Recipes - Dill Pickle Appetizers
Not So Sloppy Hot Dogs
Savoury Shrimp Linguine
Fish - Oregon Salmon Patties Recipe
Smoked Gouda And Bacon Burgers With Barbecue Sauce
Asian Tofu Cups - recipe