Strawberry Lemon recipe | recipesfinder.com
1. Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
4. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Combine the milk, egg yolk and lemon peel.
6. Stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms.
7. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times.
8. Divide the dough in half.
9. Gently pat or roll each half into a 3/4-in.-thick circle.
10. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
11. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
13. Combine the butter and lemon peel in a small bowl.
14. Set aside.
15. Beat the whipping cream until it begins to thicken in a small mixing bowl.
16. Add the sugar and beat until a stiff peak forms.
17. To assemble, split the shortcakes in half.
18. Place the cake bottoms on dessert plates.
19. Spread each with lemon butter.
20. Top each with a fourth of the strawberries and whipped cream.
21. Cover with shortcake top and remaining berries and cream.