Strawberry Lemon recipe | recipesfinder.com
1. Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
4. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Combine the milk, egg yolk and lemon peel.
6. Stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms.
7. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times.
8. Divide the dough in half.
9. Gently pat or roll each half into a 3/4-in.-thick circle.
10. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
11. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
13. Combine the butter and lemon peel in a small bowl.
14. Set aside.
15. Beat the whipping cream until it begins to thicken in a small mixing bowl.
16. Add the sugar and beat until a stiff peak forms.
17. To assemble, split the shortcakes in half.
18. Place the cake bottoms on dessert plates.
19. Spread each with lemon butter.
20. Top each with a fourth of the strawberries and whipped cream.
21. Cover with shortcake top and remaining berries and cream.
1 1/2 Cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons White Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Cold Butter
3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
1 Egg Yolk, beaten
3/4 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Peel
Wonder® Bread Mushroom Appetizer Croustades - recipes
Healthy Chicken Tenders Recipe
Vegetarian Penne recipes
Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls recipes
Healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Easy Kielbasa Skillet Dinner
Basil Turkey Burgers
Mushroom Parmesan recipe
Mushroom Salad recipe
Recipes - Dill Pickle Appetizers
Not So Sloppy Hot Dogs
Savoury Shrimp Linguine
Fish - Oregon Salmon Patties Recipe
Smoked Gouda And Bacon Burgers With Barbecue Sauce
Asian Tofu Cups - recipe