3. Combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Add the whole milk, mixing until just moistened.
6. Spread the batter evenly into two prepared layer pans.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
8. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Let the mixture stand 10 minutes.
9. Cover the bottom shortcake layer with half of the strawberry mixture and half of the whipped topping.
10. Top with the second shortcake layer, remaining strawberry mixture and whipped topping.
11. Drizzle with chocolate topping.
If you really want a creamy and delicious dish, exchange the whole milk with heavy cream. Yum!
Add some additional strawberry slices on the plate with some whipped cream. If you really want the dish to look good add some blueberries and raspberries to the plate for some visual excitement.
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Whole Milk
2 Pints Strawberries, sliced
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Container Frozen Whipped Topping, (12 o