Home | Recipe | Chocolate Almond Coffee Cake | recipesfinder.com
Chocolate Almond Coffee Cake | recipesfinder.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
3. In an small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large mixer bowl beat the butter, sugar, honey and almond extract until creamy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
7. Stir in 1 cup of the morsels.
8. Divide batter into the prepared cake pans.
9. In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar.
10. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
11. Stir in the sliced almonds and 1/2 cup of the morsels.
12. Sprinkle over the batter.
13. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
14. Cool in pans for about 15 minutes.
15. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup morsels, butter and milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
16. Drizzle over coffeecake.
Using a toothpick, wood skewer or a piece of raw spaghetti, test the cake for doneness by placing the toothpick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
Removing the Cake from the Pan
Turn the cake over on a sheet of wax paper or a cooling rack. Place a clean, thin cotton towel on top of the cake pan and using a hot steam iron, heat the bottom of the pan for a few minutes. The pan should lift off cleanly.
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Butter (softened)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
3 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1 Package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-