Home | recipe | Banana Cake recipe | recipesfinder.com
Banana Cake recipe | recipesfinder.com
1. Mash the bananas with the lemon juice.
2. Cream together the fat and sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs followed by the bananas.
4. Sift the flour and mix into the banana mixture.
5. Turn into a greased 6 x 8 inch cake tin and bake in a moderately hot oven 400°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Ice the cake with a lemon icing and top with sprinkles
If you’d rather (and it tastes better) use a fresh lemon. All you need to do is stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds, roll it on the counter for a few minutes then squeeze. Squeeze into a bowl then scoop out a teaspoon for this recipe and put the rest in the fridge for a later recipe.
You don’t have to use lemon frosting. I use whipped white frosting and I really love it as well. I only add the sprinkles if my children are eat ting it too.
3 Very Ripe Bananas
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar (superfine granulated)
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 Cups Self-Raising Flour