1. Refresh the sun-dried cranberries by bringing the cranberry juice to a boil.
2. Then add the cranberries.
3. After a few moments, pour the cranberries and the juice into a saucepan.
4. Reduce with the white wine and shallots.
5. When you have the desired amount of sauce, add the chives, salt and pepper to taste and whisk in the butter.
6. Season the salmon portions and coat one side of each portion with the seeds.
7. Pan Fry the seedy side of salmon for about 15 seconds.
8. In a 400 degree oven flip and bake in a preheated until done.
When you cook with wine make sure that you always use wine you would drink with dinner. That way the meal and the wine complement each other. The flavors will then go together and you will enjoy the meal more.
If you aren't fond of shallots you can substitute onion just reduce the amount to 3/4 of a tablespoon of pureed onion instead. The reason for the amount reduction is because onions are stronger than shallots and you don’t want to overpower the flavor of the salmon.
4 Skinless Boneless Salmon Portions (6 oz)
White & Black Sesame Seeds (4 oz)
Sun-Dried Cranberries (4 oz)
Cranberry Juice (8 oz)
1 Tablespoon White Wine
1 Teaspoon Shallot (puréed)
1 Teaspoon Fresh Chives (chopped)
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
Salt and Pepper to