Cream of asparagus soup
1. Over medium-low heat in a medium saucepan, cook leek or onions in butter until tender.
2. Add flour and stir until well incorporated.
3. Add chicken broth, chopped asparagus and parsley.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or
6. until asparagus is tender.
7. Carefully, working with about 1 to 2 cups at a time, blend or process until smooth.
8. Return to the saucepan and add cream.
9. Heat through.
10. Add a dash of pepper and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt.
11. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.