1. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
2. Stir in the flour.
3. Cook the rough for 3 minutes over low heat.
4. Stir constantly.
5. Cool and set aside.
6. Wash and trim off tough part.
7. Separate and the broccoli cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
8. Sauté the onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender.
9. Stir in the Broccoli.
10. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
11. Stir in the broth heating until simmering.
12. Stir small amount of liquid into the cooked rough.
13. Return the mixture to a saucepan; stirring until smooth.
14. Simmer, covered until the broccoli is tender, which takes about 30 minutes.
15. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
16. Puree the mixture in a electric blender.
17. Return to the saucepan.
18. Blend the cream into the soup.
19. Add salt and pepper as desired.