1. Heat the butter over medium heat in large saucepan until hot.
2. Cook and stir the white onion and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until the onion is soft and lightly browned.
3. Add the dried plums, potato, squash, potato, rosemary, chicken base and water.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
6. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
7. Working in small batches, process the vegetable mixture in a blender until the mixture is smooth.
8. Return to the pan.
9. Whisk in the sour cream.
When making this soup Acorn and dried plum, do not skimp on cheap beer. Make sure that the beer you choose is a good quality beer that you would enjoy drinking. It makes all the difference in the quality and taste of your finished product.
This soup Acorn and dried plum is really fun to make on the grill. Whip up some hotdogs and hamburgers then wow your guests with hearty and creamy beer cheese soup.
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Large White Onion, coarsely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Acorn Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 1/2-pounds)
1 Medium Potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/2 Cup Dried Plums, pitted
6 Cups Water
1 Tablespoon F