1. Boil, peel and mash the yam or potato.
2. Mince the pork.
3. Mix with the yam mash, rice wine, 1 tsp. of the soy sauce, salt, and 1 tsp. of the ginger.
4. Stir in one direction until the pork and yam paste stiffens
5. Shape it lightly into four flattened balls.
6. Mix egg, cornstarch, and 1 tsp. soy sauce into a paste and coat the balls.
7. Heat the oil in wok over medium heat to moderately hot.
8. Deep-fry the meatballs until they are reddish-brown.
9. Drain, and place in a heat-proof bowl.
10. Add the scallion, the remaining 3/4 tsp. ginger, the fennel, and stock, and place the bowl in a steamer
for the recipe pork balls Chinese advice pince rice vinegar has less acidity than other vinegars, the sweetened vinegar is a good choice for vinaigrettes on greens, providing a mildly sweet flavor as a salad dressing. The unsweetened version provides a very mild acidic flavor to cooked foods and is a very popular ingredient for a variety of Asian food dishes.