chicken roast recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Add garlic, peanut oil, fresh lemon juice, coarse salt, red pepper flakes, Chinese five-spice powder and minced ginger, Pulse to form paste.
3. Stir sesame seeds into paste.
4. Rub whole chicken with paste.
5. Place chicken on rack above roasting pan (add ¼ cup water to roasting pan).
6. Roast 1 hour, basting and turning chicken occasionally.
7. Remove chicken from oven. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
8. With very sharp knife, slit chicken into 6 pieces.
9. Serve with plum sauce on the side.