Broccoli Leek and Snow Pea Stir Fry - recipe
1. Steam the broccoli over boiling water until tender but still bright green which takes about 4 minutes.
2. Set aside.
3. Heat a large wok over medium high heat.
4. Add the oil and when it is warm, add the garlic and 5 spice powder and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
5. Add the leek and carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes or until they soften.
6. Add the bok choy and stir fry for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
7. Add the snow peas and stir fry for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
8. Stir in the broccoli, soy sauce and 5 spice powder and stir fry for 2 minutes more or until heated through.
9. Serve immediately.
Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté blanched almonds until golden brown.
Rinse, peel and cut up vegetables for blanching. Place vegetables into large bowl. Pour boiling water over vegetables and cover. Let stand 15 seconds. Drain into colander. Rinse vegetables immediately in very cold water to stop the cooking..