Habanero - tomato salsa recipe
1. Roast the jalapenos over a grill they are completely charred.
2. Seal them in a plastic bag or a bowl covered with plastic wrap so that they can still steam and the skins loosen up.
3. When they are cool you can take the skins off and get rid of the seeds.
4. Put the jalapenos, garlic, pepper, onions, sugar and salt into a food processor.
5. Pulse to chop it then pour it into a large bowl.
6. Mix it with the can of green chilies, cilantro, and lime juice.
7. Pulse the tomatoes in batches to desired texture.
8. Add it to the green chilies.
9. Put one cup of chopped tomatoes in the blender along with the habanero pepper and puree it well.
10. Strain the puree to remove any large pieces of habanero.
11. Add it to the tomatoes.
12. Mix it well and cover it.
13. Chill it in the refrigerator for at least one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
Depending on how hot you like your salsa tomato with habanero, if you like it with a huge kick you can leave the seeds in the pepper habanero. That will really spice up your salsa tomato with habanero.
For some extra freshness if you want you can change one of the cans of tomatoes with habanero salsa out for 1 beefsteak tomato. It’s a great fresh addition and it adds a nice crunchy fresh texture.