Mushroom And Caramelized Onion Bruschetta - recipe
1. Preheat the oven to.
2. Slice the Italian bread on the bias into 1 inch slices.
3. Paint the bread with olive oil using a pastry brush.
4. Sprinkle the bread with fresh herbs and season it with salt and pepper.
5. Bake it in the oven for about 8 minutes until it is crisp and golden brown. The bread can be prepared 24 hours in advance and warmed for service.
6. Preparing the Mushroom mixture in large sauté pan, sauté onions in extra virgin olive oil until caramelized, stir often which usually takes about 20 min.
7. Add garlic and sauté until translucent.
8. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-5 min. longer.
9. Finish with roasted peppers, red wine and tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
10. Can be prepared 24 hrs. in advance and warmed for service.
11. Spoon warm mushroom mixture onto the baked croutons.
12. Garnish with parmesan cheese.