Italian Turkey Sandwich - recipe
1. Heat up 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet or griddle.
2. With the salt and fresh ground black pepper, season the turkey steaks.
3. Place the turkey steaks in the hot oil for 8-10 minutes or until they are charred and dark brown.
4. Combine the pesto with the creme fraiche in a small dish.
5. Season with a little seasoning salt.
6. Split the baguette into 4 sections and cut them in half lengthwise.
7. Brush each piece of bread with the remaining olive oil.
8. Toast the bread oil side down until it is golden brown watching carefully so as not to burn.
9. To assemble these sandwiches, spread a layer of pesto cream on 4 of the baguette halves.
10. Top with the tomato, turkey and a few pieces of lettuce leafs and an additional dollop of pesto cream.
11. Top with the other sections of bread and serve.