Caprese Salad - recipe (Advise buffalo mozzarella Campana)
1. Slice the tomatoes into thick slices.
2. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Slice the mozzarella cheese also in similarly thick slices.
4. Arrange the tomatoes and cheese on a platter, alternating and overlapping slightly.
5. Sprinkle over all with oil, then vinegar and chopped basil.
6. Let mature at room temperature for a few minutes to an hour before eating as an appetizer
Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium and Lycopene. This means tomatoes are good for your eyes, your heart, your prostate and help to prevent cancer.
Make sure you use fresh Buffalo mozzarella (Campania Italy Region), not the hard mozzarella. This is a very delicate dish and buffalo mozzarella is fresh and delicate and pairs well with the tomatoes and the basil.