Coconut Shrimp - recipe
1. Combine the beer, baking powder, egg and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl.
2. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
3. Hold the shrimp by the tail, and dredge in the flour, shaking off all of the excess flour.
4. Dip in egg/beer batter.
5. Allow excess to drip off.
6. Roll the shrimp in coconut.
7. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees in a deep-fryer.
10. Fry the shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.