Moo goo gai pan - Dish
1. Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips 2 to 3 inches long.
2. Place the chicken strips in a bowl.
3. Add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, black pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch.
4. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Combine the oyster sauce and chicken broth in a bowl.
6. Whisk in 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
7. Set aside.
8. Heat a wok or skillet until it is nearly smoking.
9. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
10. When the oil is hot, add the ginger.
11. Stir-fry for 10 seconds, add the onion.
12. Stir-fry the onion for about 2 minutes, until it begins to soften.
13. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute.
14. Add the rice wine or dry sherry.
15. Add the celery and sprinkle the salt over.
16. Stir-fry for another minute.
17. Remove the vegetables from the pan.
18. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the wok or skillet.
19. When the oil is hot, add the garlic.
20. Stir-fry for 10 seconds, then add the chicken.
21. Let brown for a minute, then stir-fry until the chicken strips are white and nearly cooked through.
22. Push the chicken to the sides of the wok or skillet.
23. Add the sauce in the middle of the pan and bring to a boil, stir quickly to thicken.
24. Add the vegetables back into the pan. Stir-fry for another minute to mix all the ingredients together.
25. Make sure the chicken is cooked through.
26. Serve hot.